CJ Foods | Consumer and Sensory Scientist
Who We Are
CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
Purpose of the role:
Apply sensory & consumer science to support product development plans and to support customers in their understanding of consumer preferences.
Duties will include:
- The job holder would be working with R&D researchers to develop a learning plan for the project consistent with project objectives. A learning plan outlines the consumer research objectives and action standards (tests).
- The job holder would be accountable for (1) scheduling of sensory tests, (2) managing consumer panel for sensory tests, (3) leading test sessions and (4) analyzing data and reporting.
- Management of consumer panel for sensory tests includes screening, selection, maintenance and establishment of consumer panel pool.
- Leading test session include setting up sensory protocols, developing questionnaires, and moderating the test session.
- The job holder must be comfortable working with large data sets, applying statistical techniques and using statistical analysis programs.
- Sometimes, the job holder would outsource consumer research to market research companies but there is an active role to ensure that the research is executed with excellence and analyzed to a high quality.
Skills and Expertise Required:
- M.S. or equivalent degree in Food Sensory Science, Consumer Science or related area.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Food Science, Sensory, Consumer, Market research or related area with minimum 1-2 years of experience in Food industry or Market research agencies with relevant experience in managing a panel and running sensory tests.
- English/Korean bilingual is preferred. A fluent knowledge of English (spoken and written) is a must. And a fluent Korean (spoken and written) will be a plus.
- Basic knowledge in statistical theories is required. Skill for using statistical software is a must.
- Fully understand the importance of food hygiene and no cross contamination of food allergens.
- Adherence to time scales.
- Organizing and prioritizing duties.
- Knowledge of Discrimination & Descriptive Analysis tools and techniques.
- Excellent people leading skills, strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced.
- A willingness to learn, grow and take initiative and a team-focused work style.