CJ FMBC | Assistant Safety Manager (Beaumont, CA)
Who We Are
Established in 1953, CheilJedang (CJ) began as a food manufacturing company that eventually became . Spinning off from Samsung in 1993, CJ Group has developed its business portfolio into four core sectors – Food & Food Service, Bio Technology, Entertainment & Media, and Retail & Logistics.
CJ Foods, Inc. is the U.S. headquarters for CJ Group's food division.
Since its opening in 1978, CJ Foods has quickly become a major manufacturer and distributor of Asian food products with a focus on Korean food. Through our brands, Bibigo and Annie Chun's, we are able to offer an extensive range of packaged food products, including dumplings, noodles and sauces.
CJ Foods Manufacturing Beaumont Corporation (CJ FMBC), our newest and the largest production facility in Southern California yet, is looking to assemble the finest team to work with us as we continually expand our product lines.
Be a part of new beginnings at CJ Foods!
The Assistant Safety Manager will be directly reporting to the Plant Manager at our new production facility in Beaumont, CA, ensuring that all work, manufacturing, and assembly, is conducted at the highest level of safety in accordance with the company’s safety programs and regulatory compliance. The Assistant Safety Manager will also:
• Design and implement safety programs in compliance with governmental regulations
• Develop and maintain job site orientation and safety SOP’s including, but not limited to IIPP
• Engage the management, including those from various departments & CJ affiliates, in safety meetings
• Facilitate and ensure company safety procedures and OSHA standards are complied
• Administer safety & equipment training to production staff and supervisors as well as perform site audits and safety log maintenance
• Identify and provide oversights to management in regards to workplace safety and employee health
• Conduct post-accident investigations and their reporting in close conjunction with the management, supervisors, & regulatory agencies
• Follow up on investigations and any required corrective actions in accordance with OSHA standards or with Worker’s Compensation claims
• Serve as the main point of contact for safety bureaus such as DOL and OSHA
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s Degree & 1+ years of directly related experience OR
• Bachelor’s Degree & 3+ years of directly related experience OR
• Associate’s Degree & 6+ years of directly related experience OR
• High school diploma / GED & 8+ years of directly related experience
• Bilingual (English and Korean); Spanish speakers are welcome
• Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office
• Ability to identify hazardous conditions
• Prior experience with food manufacturing plant
• Extensive knowledge on occupational health & safety regulations
• Great communication skill for effective presentation of information to all levels of employees
• Certifications recognized by OSHA or other professional occupational safety organizations