CJ Foods | Sr. Brand Manager, Club Channel Marketing
Who We Are
CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
New Product Development
- New product strategy, innovation and development leader in the Club Channel Marketing (Costco, Sam's, BJ's) Team in charge of all existing and new products (frozen & shelf stable category)
- New product ideation and conceptualization
- New product development and launch timeline
- COG analysis & Pricing
- Driving internal and external members to move development process forward
- Create and develop relationships with appropriate vendors (co-packers) to execute products
- Market Research (market analysis for consumer need and market sizing)
- Primary research for new products and categories (Focus Group research, online surveys, etc.)
- Assist Packaging strategy and development (design as well as materials)
- Help Develop sales materials, sales samples, needs for trade shows, and funneling numerous sales request related to new product launches
Business Development & Management
- Establish and lead Cross Functional Teams and Projects for Club Channel (Costco, Sams, BJs)
- P&L responsibility of the brand
- Mid/Long term brand/business strategy
- Familiarity with entire value chain
- Plan and execute innovative business through the understanding of total supply chain management
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Develop marketing team to support the growth of the company. Manage direct reports.
- Communicate directly with both local and global management to update them on current marketing activities and strategy.
- Travel to trade shows, sales calls, market research, NPD meetings, etc.
- Be the public face/spokesperson for brand when necessary.
- Be very resourceful in making a lot happen with a very limited budget.
- MBA preferred, BA in Marketing or related field required
- At least 8 years of relevant business experience in a consumer marketing role (Strong Food CPG experience focused on innovation and new product development). Must have at least 5 years experience in food related company
- Bi-lingual (English and Korean) Strongly Preferred
Other Required Skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Other Desired Skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong strategic thinker
- Creativity desired
- Ability to make decisions based on analysis and rational thought
- Good knowledge and familiarity with Asian foods a strong plus.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work in a resource-challenged, environment
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously