CJ Foodville | Food Safety Assistant
Who We Are
Food Safety Assistant (G2 ~ G3)
Food Safety Manager
Full Time Employee
Commerce, CA 90040
This position will assist the Food Safety Manager with the daily requirements of overseeing all relevant food safety regulations, policies, and procedures at a mid-size bakery company.
The candidate will verify quality control, food safety procedures and documentation; solve food safety issues; and assist with HACCP, FSMA, and GMP compliance. Additionally this position will be responsible for bakery store inspections, the development of brand education programs, and standard operating procedures.
JOB DUTIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Product items Analysis (BOM, Nutrition Facts, Label Making & Review)
- Responsible for production inspections and proper storage (CK, Warehouse, Store)
- Develop, maintain, and update all records, manuals, training procedures, product spec books that pertain to food safety and quality control
- Assist with preparation for all food safety audits
- Per FSMA FSVP, translate Korean documents into English for US Headquarters.
- Perform other duties as required by Management
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in quality control or food safety management in a production facility or retail bakery stores
- Must be familiar with HACCP, GMP’s, and FDA food regulations
- Bilingual (English and Korean), strongly preferred
- Genesis R&D Program User, strongly preferred
- Certification for FPM, FSVP, PCQI, and other necessary certifications, strongly preferred
- Must be able to work weekends or holidays, when necessary
- Must be proficient in English reading and writing
- Must be able to work independently
- Associate of Science (Food Nutrition, Food Engineering etc.) or equivalent preferred
About the Company:
CJ has been leading the food industry in Korea, and it is now turning to the global market with efforts to bring to the world the taste and culture of Korean food. CJ Foodville was established in the US in 2004 and currently Tous Les Jours, a Bakery brand.
Free lunches provided
401K with 5% match
Employee Discount on CJ affiliates’ purchases
Family events’ gift
Friendly working environment