Associate Editor – Albuquerque, NM
We are a leader in the professional communications software space. By investing in our brand and technologies, we are driving change in how communications pros distribute, monitor and evaluate their content. We invest in our people through training and management and empower them to drive their careers.
The PRWeb Editor reviews dozens of press release submissions daily, assists PRWeb and Cision customers with their press release distribution needs and offers premium writing and distribution services for this press release newswire.
- Edits press releases for spelling, grammar, clarity, accuracy, objectivity, inoffensive material, etc. in images, links and content
- Formats, approves and scores press release for the quality of the news content
- Provides general customer service on a wide range of topics through online Help Desk, Live Chat, incoming phone calls and incoming e-mail messages
- Consult customers by phone, chat, help desk and e-mail for editorial holds and other content-related issues
- Follows PRWeb's mission to delight every customer and to find "best possible outcome" for everyone
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, PR, communications, English or related field or equivalent experience writing or editing for a news, publishing or public relations organization
- Strong writing, editing, researching, proofreading, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience copy editing for format, grammar, clarity, etc.
- Knowledge of the public relations and/or press release industry and of basic news values for a successful press release
- Ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience with problem-solving and working with the public on a customer-service level
- Proficiency with multi-tasking on a computer, using Microsoft Word, Web browsers and e-mail
- Proficiency in internet research
- Knowledge of search engine optimization a plus, but PRWeb will train candidates as well
What we offer our employees is a place to grow in the very exciting field of public relations and cutting-edge software support. Once you’re done solving your client’s challenges, why not head down the hallway to shoot some hoops on our indoor basketball court or relax in our spa room gazing at our tropical fish tank.
- State-of-the-art office
- Medical, dental, vision
- FSA (Health & dependent care)
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible PTO and work arrangements
- Casual work environment
- Tuition reimbursement & professional training
Cision Ltd. (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision's software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 3,000 employees with offices in 15 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4