Entry Level Validation Engineer DT-5052
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
As a part of our Mixed IC Validation team, you will be a valued member of the pre-silicon emulation / post-silicon validation team focused on bringing leading-edge Mixed Signal Audio chips to market. Our high-performance chips enable an incredible audio experience with highly integrated, platform level functionality while delivering lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
- Develop and execute tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet
- Develop automated test framework and regression test suites in MATLAB and/or LabVIEW to optimize validation efficiency
- Collaborate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases
- Debug analog/digital silicon issues, board issues and Validation software/hardware tools issues
- Analyze test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 0-2 years of experience
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as MATLAB, LabVIEW, C, Python or similar
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators or general lab gear
- Sound electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics or audio engineering are essential
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
- Highly dynamic, energetic and driven personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.