Product Strategy Systems/Applications Engineer RK-5181
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
You will be responsible for rapid and accurate creation, design, and verification of proof of concept systems, circuits, and data gathering, and will play a key role in implementing rapid test and prototyping platforms and systems for Cirrus Logic's Product Strategy team, actively pursuing new markets where we can bring value and innovation to customers. Working closely with other team members, you will participate in the realization and bring up of hardware systems, and design mixed-signal PCBs as needed in order to generate robust and trusted results. Data gathering – using standard audio and other specialized test equipment – as well as manipulation and pre-processing of data will be key. You will play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices and markets by proving out new, groundbreaking techniques and applications. This role is highly valued, can receive considerable recognition, and will be part of a close-knit, highly motivated team.
- Collaborate with Strategy Team members and other internal Cirrus teams to define prototype systems design and performance requirements, feature sets, and component sourcing and selection for complex system designs typically involving amplifiers, Buck/Boost converters, charge pumps, ADCs/DACs, FPGAs, and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) components
- Collect and detail all product inputs such as overall requirements, interfacing, debug options, PCB layout, test equipment constraints and trade-offs; propose viable solutions where possible
- Author, review, and update prototype system design requirements, specifications and test plans
- Participate in architecture reviews, design reviews and board-level design reviews with Product Strategy team members and wider Cirrus support teams
- Where applicable, perform competitive IC analysis including lab investigations
- Travel domestic and international – TBD, based on COVID-19 related policies, both State and Federal
- Autonomously manage contending multiple project-related priorities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in designing IC test and characterization platforms, design of mixed-signal circuits for audio, signal conditioning, and power delivery
- Strong PCB design/layout skills
- Familiarity with Audio Precision test equipment, NI test control and protocols
- FPGA programming and uC familiarity/experience desired
- Self-motivated, able to adapt to new and growing requirements as projects progress; proven track record to set priorities appropriately when multiple tasks require addressing – seek guidance if in doubt
- Able to communicate ideas and specifications to both internal and external technical audiences
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in semiconductor applications
- Python scripting, Matlab/Simulink familiarity
- Experience in working with systems or debugging ARM processors
- Mesh network or UWB RF experience also a bonus
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.