Systems Engineer/Product Definer – Mixed Signal Audio JM-4741
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
You will be responsible for defining integrated circuit (IC) and solutions for consumer products by translating customer needs into the detailed design and test specifications used to guide the design of the IC. Play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices for Cirrus Logic's mixed-signal audio business and ensuring that those devices meet customer requirements. This role is highly valued, can receive considerable recognition and will be part of a close-knit, winning team.
- Collaborate with tier 1 customers and internal engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for complex IC designs which may be composed of integrated sub-blocks such as ADCs, DACs, microphone interfaces, amplifiers, general-purpose sensor monitors, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), analog and digital filtering, clocking, analog and digital interfaces, and device-to-device communications
- Consider all product requirements such as customers' requirements, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs and propose viable solutions
- Communicate ideas and specifications to internal and external technical audiences
- Author, review, and update design specifications and validation test plans
- Participate in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation and product test engineers
- Perform thorough competitive analysis including lab investigations
- Participate in industry conferences and forums to ensure device compatibility with adopted standards
- Travel domestically and internationally approximately 2 – 5 weeks per year to work with customers
- Autonomously manage contending customer- and project-related priorities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in architecting, specifying and designing low power, mixed-signal integrated circuits for audio processing in portable electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, music/video players, digital, etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.