Trade Compliance Analyst BB-5357
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
We are looking for a Trade Compliance Analyst to join our growing Supply Chain team. If you are a subject matter professional regarding various U.S. and international trade laws, in particular with import and export controls, sanctions and anti boycott laws; we want to hear from you! You'll provide expert administration and control within government rules and regulations, including, if applicable, appropriate licensing, and reviewing contracts for required clauses and identify omissions. Collaborate with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers and other functional areas to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Conduct risk assessment reviews including quarterly internal, and external, assessments for imports and exports.
- Work with various company departments as needed for trade compliance functions.
- Assist in educating Cirrus Logic employees globally about trade compliance and how it impacts their functions.
- Manage, and improve, the overall functionality and robustness of the various Cirrus Logic trade compliance programs.
- Work directly, as needed, with third party customs brokers to facilitate the Company’s imports/exports globally.
- Review U.S. and foreign import and export regulations for potential applicability to Cirrus Logic.
- Provide advice on trade compliance matters, including activities relating to U.S. and international sanctions regimes, the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, customs regulations, entry processes, valuation, and informed compliance methods.
- Research and classify parts for export compliance – determining accurate ECCN’s and HTS numbers.
- Working knowledge of SNAP-R with regard to export licensing, deemed export licensing and classification requests
- Prepare, and present, training/informative sessions for audiences both internal and external.
- Other duties may be assigned by the company on an as needed basis.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or International Trade
- 5+ years of comprehensive import / export related experience
- Licensed Customs Broker preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Extensive experience with SAP GTS to include export license management and denied parties screening management.
- Solid understanding of the EAR, OFAC and US Customs regulations
- Extensive experience in commodity classifications (ECCN) and tariff classification (HTS).
- Ability to communicate professionally and optimally, written and verbally, with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to craft, document, implement, and maintain complex trade compliance programs.
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.