Product Quality and Reliability Engineer AM-5027
At Cirrus Logic mixed-signal engineering drives our company. Innovation isn't just encouraged, its expected! We are seeking a Product Quality and Reliability Engineer (PQRE) to lead qualifications of our mixed-signal CMOS IC products, starting with silicon and package technology definition, provide reliability recommendations into design rules, and follow through to silicon, package, and assembly product qualification. Are you a strong collaborator who can work very closely with various highly skilled design and manufacturing engineering teams, product operations and supply chain teams to ensure quality products? If yes, we want to hear from you!
- Providing technical leadership within the Product Quality team
- Own and lead the new product reliability and quality plan and risk assessment from the initial concept phase through mass production
- Work with multi-functional product teams to accurately stress and test products
- Collaborate with the Fab Technology team to understand and evaluate silicon reliability with particular focus on company-specific IP
- Partner with the Assembly and Packaging team to evaluate new packaging techniques and component and board level reliability stress testing
- Work with various technical groups to develop new capability and reliability methodologies
- Work with the customer quality engineering team to engage customers and ensure the product represents the very best of Cirrus's brand and ensures a quality of service beyond today’s standards.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced in product qualification requirements of semiconductor IC product development process
- Deep understanding of silicon products and packaging technologies
- BS in Engineering or Physics and 5+ years hands on experience in product reliability engineering.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven understanding of quality system requirements
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to use data-driven approaches to resolve product issues
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with wafer fab and assembly processes, test processes or product engineering.
- High level knowledge of statistics
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.