Systems Engineer/Product Definer – Power Management and DC/DC Conversion JM-5028
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
The systems engineering team plays a fundamental role in defining next-generation integrated circuits and solutions, including devices and sub-systems for Cirrus Logic's audio and haptic amplifier business, ensuring those devices meet customer requirements and provide outstanding performance. These amplifier products are often highly dependent on integrated power management sub-systems. As part of this collaborative team, you will contribute significantly to our product roadmap by translating customers' needs into the detailed design and test specifications used to guide the design of the IC. You will play a meaningful role in creating technology that improves the end-user experience for top global consumer electronics brands!
- Collaborate with tier 1 customers, marketing, and design engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for sophisticated IC designs composed of integrated DC-to-DC switching buck and/or boost converters, charge pumps, hybrid power converters, audio/haptic amplifiers, general-purpose monitors, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), clocking, analog and digital interfaces, and device-to-device communications
- Consider all product requirements such as customers' requirements, battery technologies, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs and propose viable solutions
- Communicate ideas and specifications to internal and external technical audiences
- Author, review, and update design specifications and validation test plans
- Participate in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation, and product test engineers
- Travel domestically and internationally approximately 2 – 5 weeks per year to work with customers
- Autonomously handle contending customer- and project-related priorities
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in defining, architecting or designing DC/DC converters or mixed-signal integrated circuits for portable electronics products such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, battery chargers, etc.
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.