Mixed Signal Audio Applications Engineer - Audio Tuning GP-5352
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
You will be an integral part of an Applications Engineering team responsible for supporting audio amplifiers and speaker protection algorithms for mobile customers. You will work directly with leading global consumer electronics brands and will play a key role in getting design wins and releasing next-generation products.
- Provide technical support for key customers and the FAE team, remotely and at customer sites worldwide, to win and maintain accounts. Examples of technical support include assisting the design-in process by solving acoustic and electrical problems, answering product questions, reviewing hardware, and hands-on hardware debugging
- Support customer with speaker protection designs. Perform tasks including creating and presenting customer demonstrations; tuning of Cirrus Logic audio algorithms; performing audio performance measurements; demonstration of software tools
- Support customers with audio amplifiers designs, with tasks such as amplifier performance measurements and device bring-up and configuration
- Develop and deliver high quality technical training to the Cirrus FAE team.
- Travel approximately 6 weeks per year, domestic and international, to support customers and work with factory engineers for training
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years of directly related experience in applications or systems engineering
- Strong experience analyzing and evaluating audio products with hardware tools such as Audio Precision analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Understanding of audio signal processing algorithms and techniques
- Experience with audio analysis software, Mathcad, and/or Excel mathematical analysis
- Strong ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related background
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.