DevOps Engineer - CI/CD Platform 4944
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice, and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
We are intent on enabling DevOps practices to support our global software development team! As an experienced DevOps engineer, you have the opportunity to become an integral member of a distributed team responsible for defining, creating, releasing, and maintaining vital CI/CD platform tools and services.
- Work among a platform team driving analysis, design, and development of CI/CD automation tools and workflows
- Lead technical sessions with development teams to evaluate their existing DevOps practices (or possibly lack thereof)
- Collaborate globally across team and functional boundaries to help produce resilient and reusable systems throughout a multi-datacenter infrastructure
- Enable, coordinate, and increase CI/CD efficiency and build status metrics for multiple products and consumers in a consistent manner
- Follow Agile-like practices to iteratively design and implement solutions such as task automation, provisioning, orchestration, config management, monitoring, and security hardening
- Use mature documentation methods to describe platform capabilities and features to a global set of teams
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Fundamental knowledge of architecting and operating enterprise-scale services
- Programming experience one of the modern languages like Go, Scala, or Python.
- Advanced scripting and automation skills, including test-driven-development exposure (ie. Python/Bash/PowerShell/etc.)
- B.S in Computer Engineering/Computer Science and 4 plus years of confirmed ability in build/test system automation
- Familiarity with developing automated tests
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Working experience supporting heterogeneous operating systems in live environments (Windows/Linux/MacOS)
- Extensive experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible to declare state across an entire fleet
- Solid understanding of the virtualization and containerization primitives used for multiple platforms and operating systems
- Experience scaling infrastructure-as-code across geographic regions to maintain hybrid on-premise & cloud systems (e.g. Cisco/VMware/AWS/etc.)
- Comfortable using compiled and dynamic language build systems to target multiple hardware architectures and OS platforms
- Knowledge of package management, artifact repositories, versioning, security scanning, and deployment using services such as JFrog Artifactory
- Experience implementing monitoring and logging solutions, including instrumenting and dashboarding of custom metrics
- Advanced experience defining and maintaining build pipelines using Jenkins 2.x pipeline-as-code and shared libraries
- Deep understanding of version control practices and code review workflows using tools like SVN, Git, and Gerrit
- Knowledge and experience in working with Docker/Kubernetes
- Confirmed experience operating collaboratively while working closely with other IT/development teams throughout a global organization
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience, and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.