Audio Applications Engineer 5152
You will be an integral part of an Applications Engineering team responsible for supporting audio amplifiers and speaker protection algorithms for mobile customers. You will play a key role in getting design wins and releasing next-generation products. This role will work closely with engineering teams in China and Cirrus Logic HQ in Austin, Texas.
- Provide technical support for key customers and the FAE team, remotely and at customer sites worldwide, to win and maintain accounts. Examples of technical support include assisting the design-in process by solving acoustic and electrical problems, answering product questions, reviewing hardware, and hands-on hardware debugging
- Support customer with speaker protection designs. Perform tasks including creating and presenting customer demonstrations; tuning of Cirrus Logic audio algorithms; performing audio performance measurements; demonstration of software tools
- Support customers with audio amplifiers designs, with tasks such as amplifier performance measurements and device bring-up and configuration
- Develop and deliver high quality technical training to the Cirrus FAE team.
- Travel approximately 6-8 weeks per year, within China, Korea and the US, to support customers and work with factory engineers for training
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, with Master’s or PhD preferred and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Strong experience analyzing and evaluating audio products with hardware tools such as Audio Precision analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Understand audio signal processing algorithms and techniques
- Experience with audio analysis software, Mathcad, and/or Excel mathematical analysis
- Strong ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing, in Mandarin and English
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related background