Mixed Signal Audio Applications Engineer - Amplifiers PL-5088
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
Be part of a dynamic Applications Engineering team that is passionate about bringing cutting edge Mixed Signal Audio devices to market! You will play a fundamental role in bringing to market next-generation devices for our growing amplifier and Haptics business and ensuring that our customers can easily and effectively integrate our devices into their end products. Are you open to this exciting challenge? We invite you to take part in Cirrus Logics' “rocking’” culture!
- We provide direct engineering support for Cirrus Logic customers and field personnel
- Develop reference designs, demonstration platforms, application notes, white papers, demo-board, and reference-design manuals
- Develop firmware and RTL modules for customer reference and demonstration
- Execute customer-application focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Contribute to next-generation audio product definition
- Collaborate and communicate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Validation engineers to understand and define design requirements and customer use cases.
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel approximately 2 weeks per year, domestically and abroad
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, I2S, or high-speed control/data bus examples.
- Experience in component selection, schematic entry, and knowledge of PCB layout design.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming language such as Verilog, C, Python, MATLAB or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Mixed-signal hardware and amplifier, power, and related backgrounds are strongly preferred
- Hands-on hardware and/or software experience
- Knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed-signal fundamentals, along with experience with Matlab and Unix
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.