Software Tools Verification Engineer CH-5117
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
As a Software Tools Verification Engineer, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team that incubates new technologies, develops sophisticated new tools for analysis, configuration, and tuning of mixed-signal systems, integrates our software and hardware innovations into system-level solutions that are highly valued by our customers, and develops system-level test suites that validate our technologies.
Our Software Tools Verification Engineers are key links between the active development of new tooling applications, our state-of-the-art silicon and signal-processing technologies, and our customers' engineering activities – continuously ensuring that our tools address requirements in effective and intuitive ways, and that they fulfill the use cases required for system-level evaluation and design with Cirrus Logic products.
- Work closely with our tools developers and systems engineers to develop a deep understanding of new tools and workflows; often focused on complex signal processing systems for use in consumer products.
- Take a hands-on approach to testing and validating these customer facing tools-in-development, exercising them as an end-user would in order to uncover defects likely to surface in the course of real-world use.
- Provide real-time feedback on quality, usability, and fit for purpose to ensure delivery of the best-possible tools solution and experience – and to reduce the accumulation of technical debt
- Develop written-and-reviewed acceptance-test plans for handoff to our software-test automation teams; review their implementations and results
- Occasionally create automated unit- and system-level tests for tools in a variety of languages including MATLAB, Python and Java.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BSEE degree or similar with 5+ years of experience in an engineering role using, supporting, developing, or testing software tools
- Strong hands-on approach – equally comfortable testing software use cases, in the lab debugging an issue, or supporting an internal user of the tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with mixed-signal systems and signal processing
- Experience with FPGA simulation and test
- Expertise with Python and/or Java
- Familiarity with software and silicon development cycles
- Familiarity with MATLAB programming and data acquisition
- Familiarity with digital filter design and related signal processing techniques
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and audio analyzers
- Basic board level test and debugging
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.