Software Systems Engineer CH-5168
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
As a Software Systems Engineer, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team that incubates new technologies and integrates our software and hardware innovations into system-level solutions that are highly valued by our customers. This team researches new technology areas, develops early prototypes of new software and system solutions, performs lab experiments to inform research and development activities, debugs algorithms and their interactions with complex system-level hardware and software components, tests the perceptual quality of our sophisticated signal processing algorithms, develops sophisticated tools that characterize, configure, and tune mixed-signal systems, and develops system-level test suites that validate our technologies. Members of this team serve as key links between our customers and our other engineering teams for developing, implementing, and tuning state-of-the-art algorithms that connect the digital, analog, acoustic, and mechanical domains.
- Exercise our mixed-signal technologies at the system level – including algorithms, ICs, tools, and audio, haptic, and sensing transducers – to evaluate system performance and user experience in order to provide data and direction to our internal development teams
- Collaborate with IC design, firmware, tools, and applications engineering teams to understand system requirements and use cases, and develop and execute validation and regression test suites representing real-world use
- Communicate key system-level findings to partner engineering teams and advocate for improvement in our hardware, algorithms, and tools to produce the best-possible solutions and experiences for our customers
- Utilize custom MATLAB data acquisition software with FPGA or customer development boards connected to prototype devices
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s or a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 6 years of experience in systems or applications engineering is a must.
- Experience with mixed-signal systems: product design, transducers, ICs
- Strong hands-on system-level lab experience conducting electrical, acoustical, and mechanical measurements and analysis
- Expertise in MATLAB programming and data analysis
- Experience in design and development of manual and automated test for mixed-signal systems
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with audio algorithms such as noise suppression, echo and noise cancellation, and/or beam forming
- Experience with FPGA simulation and test
- Familiarity with the silicon development cycle
- Experience in adaptive filter design
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.