Intern - Mixed Signal IC Validation Engineer TP-5416
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
Cirrus Logic's Mixed Signal Audio Verification/Validation Engineering team is looking for an Intern Validation Engineer who will validate functionality and characterize high performance mixed-signal analog converters, Class D digital power amplifiers and digital interface products using automated test procedures.
- Work with the IC Design Engineers and Applications Engineering to determine requirements for device post-silicon validation. Defines, develops, and/or acquires software and/or hardware tools in support of silicon validation efforts
- Develop and execute validation test plans, design test boards, write automation test scripts and put together system configurations.
- Develop state of the art evaluation methodologies to assure zero defects
- Assist design engineers with characterization and functional testing to complete root cause failure analysis
- Resolve silicon issues using logic analyzers, audio performance analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Provide qualification and characterization data to Product Test Engineering and accurately report all test failures using software tracking tools
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Enrolled in BS / MS program in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Some exposure to developing a test environment and executing test plans against system level specifications
- Use of lab equipment such as audio and logic analyzers, DMMs and oscilloscopes
- Basic electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital and power electronics
- Excellent problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication, and the ability to work across functional groups and organizations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with schematic capture design tools, scripting languages such as PERL and Matlab
- Hands-on lab/debug experience with audio performance evaluation, measurement and debug
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.