Data Scientist FG-5011
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist, a problem solver to join our Machine Learning Center of Excellence, where we apply expertise in deep learning, signal processing, and algorithm design to communications, speech recognition, identification and audio related technologies. You will have a meaningful role in creating technology that improves the end-user experience for top global consumer electronics brands!
- Providing detailed quantitative description and analysis of the “data terrain” relevant for the development and deployment of new machine learning-based products.
- Performing ‘deep dive’ statistical testing and error analysis to understand model performance
- Designing, implementing, and automating the acquisition, curation and augmentation of data sources for model training and testing.
- Discovering and/or developing surrogate and complementary data sources to assist model analysis and experimentation.
- Inventing/discovering, implementing and rigorously supporting new features and feature augmentation methods for improving ML models.
- Creating novel, custom data visualizations for enhanced insight into source data composition and model performance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics or Engineering with formal training in machine learning, data science and/or probability and statistics
- 8+ years of industry or closely related experience in data science roles directly connected to real-world applications and/or product deployment
- Strong technical credentials, including proven abilities in:
- quantitative analysis of large, high-dimensional, multimodal datasets
- developing robust, scalable data analysis tools and workflows
- using unsupervised and semi-supervised learning for data exploration
- Creating custom visualizations for novel data insights
- Statistically detailed testing and optimization of machine learning models
- Proficiency using the tools of the data science trade
- Solid understanding of the computational and mathematical foundations of data science, including Bayesian data analysis, non-parametric statistics, algorithm analysis, mathematical optimization, and quantitative error analysis
- Experience with statistics, experimentation and modeling to get meaningful signals from noisy data (e.g., Python, Scala, R, MATLAB)
- Experience extracting and manipulating large datasets with SQL, NoSQL, Presto, D3, Spotfire, Tableau Spark, Dask, etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of acoustics and/or audio-related speech- and signal processing, e.g speech recognition, speaker identification, noise reduction, audio classification
- Hands-on experience applying classical machine learning (e.g. GMM, SVM) and/or deep learning methodologies to audio-centric problems
- Experience with parallel/distributed computing.
- Programming experience in C, Python and/or MATLAB.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/Mac OS programming environments.
This position is located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.