Software Test Engineer 5349
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
We are hiring an entry level Software Test Engineer who to work within our Tools development team, designing, building, and maintaining automated test systems to ensure that software technology is thoroughly tested, and deliveries are rock solid. The ideal candidate is a Graduate software developer with a passion for software testing. If you have imagination, drive, and you like to break things, please read on.
- Work within the software development team to understand the tooling systems requirements
- Design and develop tests for those systems. Build long-term solutions that are sustainable and scalable across different types of firmware and tools
- Analyse test results, debug failures, raise defect reports
- Perform release testing
- Create software and hardware infrastructure vital for robust continuous test systems
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor level degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting
- Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Continuous integration (Jenkins/Hudson)
- Experience in creating, designing, and implementing automated test cases
- Familiarity with Software QA methodologies and defect reporting/tracking systems
- Experience of Java programming or GUI frameworks
- Able to use source code management (git)
- Familiarity with audio and/or wireless communication standards
- API automation testing including experience with automation frameworks
This position is in Edinburgh
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.