Collaboration Systems Engineer JR-4953
As an Audio & Video Conferencing Engineer at Cirrus Logic, you are as passionate about people as you are for technology and use your outstanding communication skills to effectively engage our user community. You will have daily exposure to state-of-the-art technology and a variety of SaaS applications while working out of our Austin office under the guidance of the Manager of Global Tech Services Engineering.
- You will be part of a team responsible for the conference room architecture globally and the support of the technology process utilized in our quarterly All Hands meetings
- Research, test and keep up with the latest technology and trends in the industry!
- Build room documentation to provide reference material for solving problems
- Lead projects with contractors/vendors who provide physical installation and support of our conference rooms
- Collaborate and contribute on larger projects with an outstanding team of engineers
- Provide support to the business for Video Conferencing setup during key meetings
- Ensure live events are supported (e.g. outsourcing audio engineer for concerts etc)
- Self-directed, making major contributions to both IT team and to our global client success
- Provide technical and/or analytic support in identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems of sophisticated business communication systems
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with UCaaS video conferencing solutions (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc)
- Ability to give customers a soft-landing place; you should love to talk to people and help people in need
- Ability to maintain composure and focus while solving problems and remain calm in stressful situations
- Basic knowledge of networking (IP addressing, switches etc)
- 2+ years running deployment of room control systems (Crestron/AMX)
- 3+ years supporting A/V in a corporate environment
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and also work independently with minimal direction
- Excited to grow your career!
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Live audio (wireless microphones, Mixing, Audio Processing – EQ, Compression)
- Technical AV certifications such as CTS, Crestron DMC-D
- Experience with VoIP solutions (Skype for Business, Zoom Phone)
- Experience Deploying Zoom rooms
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.