Email Marketing Manager
Job Title: CRM Manager
Date: June 2019
Reports to: Senior Director, Digital Direct-to-Consumer
Status: Exempt, Salaried
About Chrome: Since 1995 Chrome Industries has been making useful, durable products for people who ride, work and live in the city. Rooted in urban bike culture, we’re committed to building bags, apparel and footwear that survive the demanding urban conditions. Our headquarters is located in Portland, OR, and we have retail shops in San Francisco, Chicago, New York, and Portland. We offer a creative team-oriented work culture with deep connections to the cities in which we live.
The CRM Manager will be an expert in email communication and will own the planning, developing, implementing and maintaining of the company’s email marketing strategy. They are also responsible for defining and optimizing CRM strategies geared towards increasing revenue, LTV, brand and engagement metrics.
Core Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manage the email content calendar and planning process that align with merchandising, marketing and brand strategies
- Own email creative production including developing creative briefs, copywriting and review process with leadership and design partners
- Own the email production process including campaign set up, linking, testing, list targeting and scheduling of email campaigns
- Define, execute and optimize the CRM strategy for contact segmentation and lifecycle targets with the goal of optimizing revenue, LTV, engagement, loyalty, acquisition, retention and personalization
- Use segmentation, lifecycle, recency, frequency, and behavioral techniques to enhance and develop new marketing automation campaigns
- Assist in defining customer profiles using predictive analysis techniques to create best in class customer experience across all marketing and on-site touchpoints
- Monitor and analyze weekly and monthly performance including open rate, CTR, unsubscribe and deliverability
- Continually A/B test messaging, creative and offers to refine customer communications
- Develop and manage future loyalty program to increase repeat purchase and lifetime value
- Grow email database file and develop lead generation programs
- Assist in developing, executing and evangelizing organic search strategy including updating website content, meta data, reporting and other SEO related activities
- 5 years+ of direct-to-consumer or eCommerce business with minimum 3 years in Email/CRM
- Ability to operate on all levels
- Experience with Emarsys or similar ESP a plus
- Strong in copywriting and editing
- Understanding of SEO and its impact of organic acquisition
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, with ability to turn data into actionable insight
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related experience
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through: mutual trust and respect; personal accountability and integrity; desire for growth and learning opportunities; teamwork; positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and partners.
Chrome Industries is an equal opportunity employer, who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.