Backend Engineer (Ruby On Rails)
Chloe + Isabel is developing a state of the art direct selling platform. If you’re an experienced software engineer who loves delivering high quality back-end features while working with new technologies then we would like to talk to you.
We're looking for candidates who excel at translating business needs into software that can be used by many businesses, who write code with the long view in mind, and who are comfortable taking the initiative and working hand-in-hand with top-notch software developers.
This role is based in our Grandville, Michigan office.
Chloe + Isabel offers excellent perks and benefits to include medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer paid life, short term disability and AD&D coverage, an unlimited vacation policy, and the most amazing people you can imagine working with (and more)!!!
- Building and maintaining features within our direct selling platform
- Delivering high quality code that is easy to understand, performant and scalable
- Constantly striving to deliver software free from bugs through unit tests
- Working closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers and internal customers
- Maintaining and updating internal tooling we use to develop new features
- Participate in peer code reviews with the team
- Identifying and fixing problematic code and bugs
- Collaborate with other teams, such as Product Management and Quality Assurance
- Experience with design patterns, object oriented analysis/design
- Experience with Ruby On Rails framework
- Strong command of Ruby programming language
- Any experience with GraphQL is a plus
- A disciplined approach to writing tests and quality assurance
- Fundamentals in computer science e.g. data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Solid understanding of the full web stack (i.e HTTP, cookies, asset loading / caching)
- Experience with AWS resources
- Experience with Heroku a plus
- Experience with Redis, Memcache, and Elasticsearch
- Strong SQL skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
***Please note: Chloe + Isabel does not currently provide sponsorship for employment visas. Employment is contingent upon legal work authorization with documents that satisfy Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
ABOUT CHLOE + ISABEL:
Chloe + Isabel is a jewelry lifestyle brand at the forefront of the social retail movement within direct selling. The company's pioneering technology platform enables entrepreneurial women of today to run their own businesses through fully customizable Online Boutiques and in-person pop-up shops. Designed in their downtown NYC studio, Chloe + Isabel's one-of-a-kind jewelry evokes a sense of discovery and wanderlust, each piece inspired by travel destinations around the world. Dedicated to creating an environment where strong women empower one another to embark on their own journeys of self discovery, the company's motto is 'Be Creative, Be Confident, Be You.' Founded in 2011, Chloe + Isabel celebrates the many successes of its diverse community of over 10,000 consultants (Merchandisers) across the U.S. For more information, visit Chloe + Isabel at www.chloeandisabel.com.