Director of IT
We are seeking an organized, efficient Director of IT to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be a strategic business partner who is responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all information technology within the organization. You will guide in-house and external IT resources to carry out support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. You will also lead the development team, serving as a liaison between business and technical aspects of each stage.
This role is based in our Grandville, Michigan office.
Chloe + Isabel offers excellent perks and benefits to include medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer paid life, short term disability and AD&D coverage, an unlimited vacation policy, and the most amazing people you can imagine working with (and more)!!!
- Analyze business needs presented by users and recommend technical solutions with completion timeline
- Maintain organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans
- Direct research in emerging technology by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects
- Produce detailed timelines and implement effective project control for each software release
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery, backup procedures, information security and control structures
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, and anticipating organizational requirements
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action
- Install hardware and peripheral components
- Load appropriate software packages such as operating systems
- Administer email and anti-virus systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues relative to all corporate software in a timely manner
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in similar role
- Prior experience in e-commerce strongly preferred
- Experience in the most current technologies
- Experience with Cloud Computing Environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or like)
- Previous experience with any of the following is a plus: NewRelic, AWS (RDS, Cloudfront, EC2, Cloudwatch), Heroku, Redis, Memcached, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Rollbar, Pagerduty, Ruby/Ruby on Rails.
***Please note: Chloe + Isabel does not currently provide sponsorship for employment visas. Employment is contingent upon legal work authorization with documents that satisfy Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
ABOUT CHLOE + ISABEL:
Chloe + Isabel is a jewelry lifestyle brand at the forefront of the social retail movement within direct selling. The company's pioneering technology platform enables entrepreneurial women of today to run their own businesses through fully customizable Online Boutiques and in-person pop-up shops. Designed in their downtown NYC studio, Chloe + Isabel's one-of-a-kind jewelry evokes a sense of discovery and wanderlust, each piece inspired by travel destinations around the world. Dedicated to creating an environment where strong women empower one another to embark on their own journeys of self discovery, the company's motto is 'Be Creative, Be Confident, Be You.' Founded in 2011, Chloe + Isabel celebrates the many successes of its diverse community of over 10,000 consultants (Merchandisers) across the U.S. For more information, visit Chloe + Isabel at www.chloeandisabel.com.