The Merchant’s role is to build and execute on key assortment strategies, focusing on product merchandising efforts and offers that increase sales and overall conversion. With a focus on sell-through analysis, e-commerce visual merchandising, and product marketing, this role will translate seasonal stories into a best-in-class shopping experience. He/She will support the organization through timely and accurate reporting, cross-functional assortment reviews, and effective communication with cross-functional partners in the areas of planning, buying and marketing. This position reports directly into the SVP of Design + Product Development, and works cross-functionally with the Operations, Sales, and Creative teams.
* * * * *
This role is based in our New York City office.
Chloe + Isabel offers excellent perks and benefits to include medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer paid life, short term disability and AD&D coverage, an unlimited vacation policy, and the most amazing people you can imagine working with (and more)!!!
* * * * *
- Own the company’s overall SKU assortment, working collaboratively to manage product SKUs to deliver industry-leading sales per SKU and inventory turns
- Maintain awareness of competitive pricing, and make recommendations to maximize product margins
- Deliver marketing programs to enhance our Merchandisers’ businesses by increasing average order size
- Lead the quarterly SKU Rationalization process to drive a cohesive assortment plan
- Per season, define key merchandising concepts and curate content for marketing campaigns
- Assist in the merchandising of the eCommerce site and each seasonal lookbook; determine featured products based on collection analysis, trends, seasonality, and topical marketing stories
- Work with Marketing Manager to determine styles to be featured across various social platforms
- Participate in the selection of styles for various salesforce-facing initiatives and giveaways, based on SKU status, seasonality and inventory levels
- Support seasonal photoshoots, from selecting key styles based off initial buy to curating photography looks
Reporting + Analysis
- Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly product performance analysis, providing cross-functional insights and recommendations to drive sales and sell-through goals
- Assist in managing the promotional planning process, including recommending SKU selections and discount levels, projecting sell-through rates, and providing recaps
- Review SKU level forecasts for all styles, prioritizing trends and other seasonal business drivers
- Build and maintain trackers for seasonal launches, continuously assessing SKUs, class counts and retails as the assortment develops
- Conduct in-depth seasonal hindsights to drive Product Development + Design decisions
- Ad-hoc reporting requests in support of marketing and merchandising initiatives
- Direct Selling experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing or a related field
- At least 2-3 years work experience within fashion/jewelry, with demonstrated knowledge and passion for the industry preferred
- Expert level proficiency in Excel
- Great interpersonal skills and experience working within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as key cross functional partner
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
***Please note: Chloe + Isabel does not currently provide sponsorship for employment visas. Employment is contingent upon legal work authorization with documents that satisfy Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
Chloe + Isabel is a jewelry lifestyle brand at the forefront of the social retail movement within direct selling. The company's pioneering technology platform enables entrepreneurial women of today to run their own businesses through fully customizable Online Boutiques and in-person pop-up shops. Designed in their downtown NYC studio, Chloe + Isabel's one-of-a-kind jewelry evokes a sense of discovery and wanderlust, each piece inspired by travel destinations around the world. Dedicated to creating an environment where strong women empower one another to embark on their own journeys of self discovery, the company's motto is 'Be Creative, Be Confident, Be You.' Founded in 2011, Chloe + Isabel celebrates the many successes of its diverse community of over 10,000 consultants (Merchandisers) across the U.S. For more information, visit Chloe + Isabel at www.chloeandisabel.com.