The Merchant’s role is to build and execute on key assortment strategies, focusing on product merchandising efforts and offers that increase sales and overall conversion. With a focus on sell-through analysis, visual merchandising, and product marketing, this role will translate seasonal stories into a best-in-class shopping experience. He/She will support the organization through timely and accurate reporting, cross-functional assortment reviews, and effective communication with cross-functional partners in the areas of planning, buying and marketing. This position reports directly into the VP of Marketing and works cross-functionally with Operations, Design, and Creative teams.
* * * * *
This role is based in our New York City office.
Chloe + Isabel offers excellent perks and benefits to include medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer paid life, short term disability and AD&D coverage, an unlimited vacation policy, and the most amazing people you can imagine working with (and more)!!!
* * * * *
Reporting + Analysis
- Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly product performance analysis, providing cross-functional insights and recommendations to drive sales and sell-through goals
- Assist in managing the promotional planning process, including recommending SKU selections and discount levels, projecting sell-through rates, and providing recaps
- Review SKU level forecasts and re-order needs for all styles, prioritizing trends and other seasonal business drivers
- Build and maintain trackers for seasonal launches, continuously assessing SKUs, class counts and retails as the assortment develops
- Conduct in-depth seasonal hindsighs to drive Product Development + Design decisions
- Supplement new product category initiatives with competitive pricing analyses
- Lead the quarterly SKU Rationalization process to drive a cohesive assortment plan
- Make recommendations for annual pricing reviews
- Ad-hoc reporting requests in support of marketing and merchandising initiatives
- Curate and maintain website collections aligned with seasonal marketing themes, initial buys, and visual merchandising tenets
- Provide cross-sell recommendations and adjacencies in-line with product metadata, past sell-through behavior, and target order volume
- Monitor inventory levels and match onsite placement to inventory status
- Assist Web Producer with website user acceptance testing to ensure sequencing, product accuracy and timeliness of collection launches and promotions
- Assist Operations and Product Development with SKU set-up and conventions
- Per season, define key merchandising concepts and curate content for marketing campaigns
- Assist in the merchandising of each seasonal lookbook; determine featured products based on collection analysis, trends, seasonality, and topical marketing stories
- Work with PR + Social Media Manager to determine styles to be featured across various social platforms
- Own the selection of styles for various salesforce-facing initiatives and giveaways, based on SKU status, seasonality and inventory levels
- Support seasonal photoshoots, from selecting key styles based off initial buy to curating photography looks
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing or a related field
- At least 2-3 years work experience within fashion/jewelry, with demonstrated knowledge and passion for the industry preferred
- Expert level proficiency in Excel
- Great interpersonal skills and experience working within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
***Please note: Chloe + Isabel does not currently provide sponsorship for employment visas. Employment is contingent upon legal work authorization with documents that satisfy Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
Chloe + Isabel is a jewelry lifestyle brand at the forefront of the social retail movement within direct selling. The company's pioneering technology platform enables entrepreneurial women of today to run their own businesses through fully customizable Online Boutiques and in-person pop-up shops. Designed in their downtown NYC studio, Chloe + Isabel's one-of-a-kind jewelry evokes a sense of discovery and wanderlust, each piece inspired by travel destinations around the world. Dedicated to creating an environment where strong women empower one another to embark on their own journeys of self discovery, the company's motto is 'Be Creative, Be Confident, Be You.' Founded in 2011, Chloe + Isabel celebrates the many successes of its diverse community of over 10,000 consultants (Merchandisers) across the U.S. For more information, visit Chloe + Isabel at www.chloeandisabel.com.