The Marketing Copywriter will conceptualize and write marketing copy to promote key business initiatives and voice a clear brand identity. He/She will be responsible for delivering outstanding written content, including conversion-driving site copy, short and long-form email content, social media copy, and other ad hoc communications. The Marketing Copywriter will also partner with cross-functional teams to ensure all written communication is compelling, accurate, and on-brand. He/She reports directly to the VP of Brand Marketing at Chloe + Isabel.
This role is based in our NYC office.
- Write compelling, clear, concise and grammatically-clean long-form copy, as well as effective short-form headlines, taglines, and calls to action
- Conceptualize, present and execute creative marketing campaigns
- Write copy for seasonal lookbooks, digital marketing assets, consumer-facing emails, event collateral, and social media outlets
- Ensure product descriptions and product marketing copy clearly outlines key product benefits in an informative, accurate way, and in keeping with keyword and SEO goals
- Adopt and evolve the Chloe + Isabel brand voice, while ensuring consistency of style, tone and quality of all outgoing language
- Collaborate with our Creative Team to maximize the visual impact of copy and marketing concepts in accordance with the terms outlined in the project brief
- Write and edit copy in furtherance of both business and brand objectives, as defined by management and cross-functional partners
- Proofread projects for clarity, accuracy, and correct tone of voice, correcting for spelling, grammatical or formatting errors
- Assist in maintaining copy guidelines, brand standards, and creative archives
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Merchandising, Creative and Technology to fulfill project objectives, in accordance with defined deadlines
- Keep track of all writing assignments in online project management platform
- Stay current on industry, brand marketing and fashion editorial trends, competitors, and social media developments
- Provide email marketing and editorial calendar support
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or comparable degree with the field
- 2-3 years experience in a fashion or retail environment is preferred but not required
- Strong writing and proofreading skills a must; impeccable spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Ability to conceptualize in a visual environment
- Attention to detail: refined editing and proofreading skills
- Microsoft Office 2011, proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus but not required
- Ability to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced, deadline-driven startup environment
- Desire to learn and be part of a collaborative, close-knit team
***Please note: Chloe + Isabel does not currently provide sponsorship for employment visas. Employment is contingent upon legal work authorization with documents that satisfy Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
ABOUT CHLOE + ISABEL:
Chloe + Isabel is a jewelry lifestyle brand at the forefront of the social retail movement within direct selling. The company's pioneering technology platform enables entrepreneurial women of today to run their own businesses through fully customizable Online Boutiques and in-person pop-up shops. Designed in their downtown NYC studio, Chloe + Isabel's one-of-a-kind jewelry evokes a sense of discovery and wanderlust, each piece inspired by travel destinations around the world. Dedicated to creating an environment where strong women empower one another to embark on their own journeys of self discovery, the company's motto is 'Be Creative, Be Confident, Be You.' Founded in 2011, Chloe + Isabel celebrates the many successes of its diverse community of over 10,000 consultants (Merchandisers) across the U.S. For more information, visit Chloe + Isabel at www.chloeandisabel.com.