Junior Project Scheduler
Chevo is currently hiring for a junior Project Scheduler, to join our expanding Project Management and Scheduling practice. This position is primarily located with our client in New Carrolton, MD and is metro accessible
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualified candidates must be fluent in the use of Microsoft Project for developing and maintaining individual project schedules an Integrated Master Schedules (IMS). The Optionally, candidate should have knowledge of MS Project Server. Support sessions with senior-level clients and work teams to elicit schedule input, support monitoring/tracking and support execution of periodic reporting against schedule performance. Candidate will perform rudimentary analytics in support of schedule reporting, such as project tasks at risk based on forecast and actual completion.
- Participates on a team of employees to manage the implementation of a major Federal IT project
- Uses generally accepted scheduling best practices
- Works with stakeholders to identify detailed tasks, durations, dependencies, and resources to build the schedule
- Builds “dynamic” project schedule with minimum task constraints
- Performs Critical Path Analyses (CPA)
- Documents the schedule progress update and modifications process
- Assesses schedule performance and advises the team and client on status and preventive/corrective actions required
- Tracks actual vs. planned/forecast vs. baseline
- Creates tracking reports out of MS Project for various levels of client management.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 - 5 years of experience managing complex integrated master schedules (IMS) that include multiple integrated work-streams
- Strong skills with MS Project Professional (2013)
- Ability to pass client security clearance requirements
- Strong consulting, communication and writing skills
- Prior experience in creating and maintaining MS Project schedules in excess of 1,000 tasks with external dependencies
- Experience scheduling for federal government systems or software programs
- Experience using MS Project Server
- PMI certification (PMP, CAPM, or PMI-SP) a real plus, but not required
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMARTrip card with employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2018 Alliance for Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval (AWE) and one of the fastest-growing private companies in America according to the 2011 Inc. 500|5000? Then join Chevo!
Chevo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.