Data Security Compliance Analyst
Chevo is hiring a Data Security Compliance Analyst to join our expanding firm. The position provides the opportunity for significant client interaction, learning the client’s business better than they know it themselves, and becoming their trusted advisor. Ideal candidates will have a working knowledge of security-related standards and regulations, and experience developing, deploying, and maintaining data policies and procedures. Location is within Washington, DC and is Metro-accessible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, and deploy data access policies and procedures.
- Support integration of data access policies and procedures into overall data management strategy.
- Ensure policy and procedure conformity with applicable standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Develop and provide education and training to affected staff.
- Facilitate the development of data access violation mitigation/response plans.
- Support ongoing data access and security audits, as well as gap and risk assessments and analyses.
- Develop risk management and business continuity strategies and plans.
- Review changes to data systems to ensure compliance with standards, policies, and procedures.
- BS/BA degree, preferably in a computer- or technology-related discipline.
- 5+ years of practical information/data security experience.
- Professional certification – Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar.
- Up-to-date, working knowledge of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations (e.g. NIST, FIPS).
- Experience gathering requirements and capturing user stories.
- Familiarity with business analyses, including gap analysis, process mapping, root-cause analysis, and risk analysis.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and self-motivation.
- Project management experience, with a preference for familiarity with both traditional (predictive, waterfall) and agile methodologies.
- Programming experience or knowledge.
- Facility communicating with and managing stakeholders across all organizational levels.
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.