Senior DevOps Engineer
Cloud Operations Engineering Team | Delhi, India
Your goal – to improve the education process and better the lives of students -- through building software which is both highly available and of high quality.
Chegg’s culture celebrates leadership at all levels and does not discriminate based on job descriptions or titles. The culture is open, with our “fast feedback” system implemented to encourage transparency. You will be given latitude to drive and stretch to deliver mutual goals.
The Organization: Engineering
From ideation in our development environment to the scale of production, we leverage Amazon technologies. The team’s primary focus is to standardize the AWS environment, and solve shortcomings of
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Surface infrastructure project requirements from stakeholders and drive those efforts to completion on time and to specification
- Identify and manage risks to ensure product quality and delivery schedule expectations are achieved
- Partner with Site Reliability Engineering and Release Management in troubleshooting system issues in production and test environments
- Bring predictability and consistency to the configuration management of Chegg systems, building infrastructure as code
- Participate in 12x7 on-call rotation schedule (0900-2100PT)
- Lead, mentor, and teach your teammates while understanding that you are always a pupil
- Experience working with large scale production Linux systems in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Experience with source code version control systems such as GIT, CVS, and RCS
- Strong understanding of monitoring tools and concepts
- Experience with networking and a solid understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, and load balancing technologies
- Strong scripting ability in Python, Go, and/or a shell of your choice (bash,
- Experience working with persistent data stores such as MySQL, Cassandra, Postgres, and MSSQL
- Experience with containerization such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Atlassian products like JIRA and Confluence
- Global Cloud networking knowledge and experience
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer