Senior Tech Analyst / Senior Data Analyst
Senior Tech Analyst / Senior Data Analyst
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Your goal – to use Data and Analytics to enhance efficiency and deliver cost savings for Chegg’s shared services, which include engineering, devops, data engineering, and data science.
Organization: Shared Services
Senior Tech Analyst
As a Senior Tech Analyst, you will proactively identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of our cloud resources usage (particularly AWS) and identify cost savings. You'll be an integral part of our overall cloud efforts, partnering with our Product Management, Architecture, Software development and Service Delivery teams. You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the cloud services billing and analytics space. You will collect, monitor, analyze and reconcile invoice data, assist with forecasting, demand planning, and make recommendations on cost optimization strategies such as reserved and spot instances, etc. Your role will be to provide relevant, accurate and timely reporting to internal partners and leadership. In your role, you will help define and create new business processes as the organization continues its efforts in the cloud.
Key to the role is the ability to leverage data to connect technology use to business outcomes and present the data in a cohesive story that enables business decisions at the most senior level.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex and require the ability to work effectively both independently and as a team. The ideal candidate will have several years of analysis, project management, business support, or related experience with a focus on the cloud preferred.
- Collect, organize and analyze cloud billing and resource data, and display and present the data using MS Excel and database query tools
- Forecast future cloud usage and spend
- Optimize spend across teams, and design and help implement cost saving strategies
- Proactively follow up with users and leaders on cloud consumption
- Connect cloud usage and billing data with other internal and external datasets to understand trends and investigate root causes of changes over time
- Build thoughtful and detailed analyses to support business cases
- Partner with engineers to understand cloud services usage
- Use data to tell stories that influence decision-making and inspire action
- Design data-driven presentations for senior executives that elevate opportunities to improve Chegg’s technology investments
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Business, Finance, Economics, etc.)
- 5+ years of previous analytics experience is required
- Fluent in SQL and Excel for data manipulation
- Strong business acumen and analytic skills
- Experience leveraging resource tagging to allocate costs and optimize resource planning and reporting desired
- Experience using Tableau is helpful
- Experience working with data from multiple sources of varying quality
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services a plus
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment such as investment banking, consulting, or operations
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer