Senior Lead QA Analyst
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Senior QA Lead at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for defining the QA requirements, strategy, goals, and deliverables for one or more portions of an assigned project. Working with production partners you will define acceptance criteria and quality targets, all in support of creating a quality experience for our players. All QA Leaders at Certain Affinity are expected to be champions of quality and drivers for continuous improvement of the QA craft. Depending on assignment you may also be responsible for the supervision and career growth of QA Analysts assigned to your team.
- Define and hold to agreed-upon acceptance criteria and quality targets
- Work closely with project leadership to assess development plans and identify test coverage requirements.
- Manage workflows and strategies for assigned areas of ownership
- Identify, track, communicate, and create action items for risks relating to project or development cycle
- Develop mitigation steps for identified risks, individually and with manager
- Apply risk-based testing strategies where appropriate
- Propose and execute on improvement plans for assigned area and team
- Propose and create KPIs for product quality and health reports.
- Identify areas for automation, own creation and completion from a project management perspective
- Collaborate with multiple interdisciplinary teams and departments in creating test strategies
- Communicate out project status updates to key stakeholders
- Perform skill and gap analysis for the immediate team, develop plans to address the gaps
- Focus on immediate team and identifies team issues
- Coach and mentor QA staff
- Identify performance and conflict issues for immediate team, work with QA Director to address
- 5+ years of QA experience in the games industry
- 3+ years of experience as a Development QA in the games industry
- 2 or more shipped AAA titles
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Waterfall and Agile development experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification, and Risk-Based Testing
- Expert-level knowledge on the use of Data Analytics and Telemetry, as well as how to use the information in reports and making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated and effective conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional understanding of Software Testing Processes and Best Practices
- Adept at leading, coaching, and directing teams
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for video games
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.