Senior Hard Surface Artist
Would you like to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, Texas, is opening a location in Toronto, Canada and we’re looking for exceptionally talented people to join us. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
We are seeking a talented Senior Hard Surface Artist to join our team and help make great games. The job will require working closely with designers, engineers, and artists to create convincing, visually stunning robotic game characters for an unannounced AAA title.
The position requires a strong sense of design mixed with video game art production methods. You also must be someone that can mentor artists and help continue to push art to the next level. If you enjoy the challenge of building a wide variety of stunning robots, weapons, and vehicles- apply now!
- Create high-resolution on photo-realistic 3D of hard surface characters, weapons, and props
- Ensure consistency and quality of own work
- Create art that is focused on performance as well as quality
- Receive feedback and modify work based on
- Collaborate with material team to create high-quality characters
- Work with the Art Director, the Lead Character Artist and the Character Team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts
- Work closely with other departments to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Support the Art Director and Lead Character Artist in executing on visual direction
- Create models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others
- 5+ years of experience making character art for games
- Shipped a AAA title as a character artist
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in hard surface modeling
- Fine art background and a strong understanding of color structure and silhouette in respect
- Basic understanding of rigging and articulation.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, 3d Modeling programs such as Max, Maya, Fusion 360, Mol, ZBrush, Substance Designer, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current high-end real-time character creation and the ability to take us into the future.
- High attention to detail and the ability to faithfully translate concepts and ideas
- Work with Art Director, Lead Character Artist and Character Team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts
- Experience with creating PBR materials.
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to work with the team to find solutions
- Ability to travel internationally
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Shader Authoring Experience
- Animation or Rigging Experience
- FX Experience
- Concept or Illustration Experience
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal