Senior UX Designer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Do you love games but find it utterly unacceptable when a game you’re playing is confusing, has bad monetization, or has a terrible interface?!? Are you constantly critiquing the games you play AS YOU PLAY THEM?
Certain Affinity is looking for a seasoned Senior UX Designer to help us build the best games for our co-dev partners and our internal IP teams!
Work with our various dev-teams to design the full-spectrum of player experience; from control schemes and widgets to gratifying “meta” that supports the player fantasy and meets our business goals.
- Collaborate directly with our Art, Design, and Engineering teams to develop compelling in-game and out-of-game experiences.
- Work as part of a leadership team to ensure the player experience meets product and business goals.
- Identify and delegate tasks to other members of the UI/UX team.
- Draft documentation for both internal teams and external clients.
- Develop user-flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for a variety of target platforms.
- Work very closely with UI Artists as they craft the in-game visual representation of your UX solutions, ensuring all key UX goals are maintained.
- Deconstruct playtest feedback into prioritized action-items to improve the player experience.
- Always be an advocate for the player!
- A deep passion for games
- Made significant contributions to the UX of at least 3 shipped games
- Extraordinary analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of game-design and game monetization
- Extensive experience developing user-flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Keen ability to organize and communicate complex information architectures
- Expert proficiency with Axure, Sketch, XD, UXPin or similar enterprise-level UX tools
- Good proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After-Effects
- Solid understanding of player psychology and how to shape player behavior
- Experience organizing and moderating quantitative & qualitative play-tests
- Degree in Information Architecture
- Experience with quantitative player analytics; collection, visualization, and reporting
- Familiarity with contemporary trends in human-machine interface
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Strongly follow the principals of user-centered design
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.