Senior UX Designer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products. In addition we are creating compelling new games of our own.
Do you love games but find it utterly unacceptable when a game you’re playing is confusing, has bad monetization, or has a terrible interface?!? Are you constantly critiquing the games you play AS YOU PLAY THEM?
Certain Affinity is looking for a seasoned Senior UX Designer to help us build the best games for our co-dev partners and our internal IP teams!
Work with our various dev-teams to design the full-spectrum of player experience; from control schemes and widgets, to gratifying “meta” that supports the player fantasy and meets our business goals.
- Collaborate directly with our Art, Design, and Engineering teams to develop compelling in-game and out-of-game experiences.
- Work as part of a leadership-team to ensure the player experience meets product and business goals.
- Identify and delegate tasks to other members of the UI/UX team.
- Draft documentation for both internal teams and external clients.
- Develop user-flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for a variety of target platforms.
- Work very closely with UI Artists as they craft the in-game visual representation of your UX solutions, ensuring all key UX goals are maintained.
- Deconstruct playtest feedback into prioritized action-items to improve the player experience.
- Always be an advocate for the player!
- A deep passion for games
- Made significant contributions to the UX of at least 3 shipped games
- Extraordinary analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of game-design and game-monetization
- Extensive experience developing user-flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Keen ability to organize and communicate complex information architectures
- Expert proficiency with Axure, Sketch, XD, UXPin or similar enterprise-level UX tools
- Good proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After-Effects
- Solid understanding of player psychology and how to shape player behavior
- Experience organizing and moderating quantitative & qualitative play-tests
- Degree in Information Architecture
- Experience with quantitative player analytics; collection, visualization, and reporting
- Familiarity with contemporary trends in human-machine interface
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Strongly follow the principals of user-centered design
Relocation to Austin, TX is a consideration for this position.