Would you like to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, Texas, is opening a location in Toronto, Canada and we’re looking for exceptionally talented people to join us. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
Certain Affinity is looking to hire a Lead Programmer to lead a team of programmers with passion, focus, and drive. This role will balance hands-on programming and managing people. Learn more about the specifics below. If this type of role is what you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
- Lead a team of programmers at a variety of experience levels.
- Turn ambiguous technical requirements into well-defined tasks that are delivered on time.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and producers to prioritize, schedule, and assign tasks to the programming team.
- Hire and mentor less experienced programmers, providing feedback and career growth and development opportunities.
- Lead by example; 50% hands-on programming, 50% people management
- Facilitate team communication and collaboration
- Help establish and evangelize departmental processes and best practices
- Find efficient and creative solutions in existing codebases
- Be responsible for your team’s network, memory, GPU and CPU footprint
- Ability to drive cross-studio development
- Experience leading a team of 4 or more programmers on a shipped title
- Proficiency in reading and writing C/C++
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, and results-oriented
- Familiarity with the core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Comfortable working in a large established codebase
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for video games
- Console experience
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Experience in C# and Python
- Passion for multiplayer action games