Senior UI Designer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Are you an artist that understands how important the UI is to a game’s brand and player experience? Do you notice – and appreciate – when a game’s style is consistent throughout a game’s UI? Does it really bother you when the texture resolution of UI elements are not pixel-accurate, or when its’ screens have terrible composition? Do you love seeing beautifully designed icons?
Certain Affinity is looking for a Senior UI Designer to help us build the best games for our co-dev partners and our internal IP teams! Be part of a multi-product UI/UX team designing gorgeous player interfaces across PC and console games.
- Design and develop icons, widgets, full-screen layouts, and immersive overlays
- Work closely with the UX Lead, UI Art Lead, and Creative Lead to ensure all usability and experiential goals are achieved while yielding a visual design that’s harmonious with the game’s overall style
- Work with the Engineering team to export and integrate engine-ready assets and ensure the artistic vision is maintained in-game
- Participate in critiques and revise work based on feedback from team members and product stakeholders
- A deep passion for games
- Made contributions to the UI of at least two shipped games
- A keen eye for aesthetics and graphic design
- Good analog & digital drawing skills with an ability to render in a variety of styles
- Good visual communication skills and the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism
- Expert proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After-Effects
- Familiarity with producing multi-resolution source assets
- Ability to create animated motion-comps and develop interactive prototypes of your designs
- Demonstrate player-empathy when designing interfaces for games that may not be the type of game you would normally play
- Manage time and priorities across multiple projects in an efficient manner
- Skilled at developing logos, branding, and identity guidelines
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Experience with LUA, Python, C# or other programming languages
- Proficiency with Axure, Sketch, XD, UXPin, or similar enterprise-level UX tool
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.