Senior Gameplay Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for working closely with designers to see game features from conception to implementation. You should be a capable programmer who can make things happen, someone with the desire and talent to help build the foundation of our blockbuster games!
- Work directly with artists and designers to create fun gameplay that feels good
- Review technical proposals and designs
- Usher gameplay features from conception to completion
- Manage your own time by communicating with other engineers and other disciplines
- Find efficient and creative solutions in an existing code base
- Understand and enhance related engine systems to support your features
- Be responsible for your feature’s network, memory, GPU and CPU usage
- Mentor other programmers
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Strong 3D vector and matrix math skills
- Familiarity with the core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Experience with network-replicated game logic.
- Comfortable in a
- An excellent collaborator that communicates well with others
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- 1 or more shipped titles
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Experience in C# and Python
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.