Senior Technical Artist (Animation)
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas and opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
As a Senior Technical Artist (Animator) at Certain Affinity, you will get the chance to see some of the custom 3D tools and pipelines behind the world's biggest shooters and contribute to our proprietary technology. This role requires an energetic individual to take a hands-on approach to our pipeline management and tools creation for our studio art team. If you have a desire to create world-class characters and enjoy technical work, we'd like to hear from you.
- Ability to write tools to facilitate Rigging (Tech Animation) and Animation Pipeline
- Proficient in coding and the ability to set up modular rigging pipeline
- Establish and promote coding standards within the tech animation department
- Ability to mentor other riggers
- Collaborate with character artists, animators, and tools programmers to develop animation rigs and pipelines for characters, vehicles, and props
- Support the modeling and animation teams by advising on topology & deformation, maintaining rigs and pipelines, troubleshooting, and implementing the desired functionality
- Implement and troubleshoot in-game assets
- Maximize aesthetic quality while respecting and enforcing project performance constraints
- Research and implement in-engine dynamic solutions such as hair, cloth, ragdolls, etc.
- Maintain and polish in-engine animation state machines
- Explore, document, promote, and integrate cutting-edge processes and techniques to help keep studio animation quality competitive
- Seek ways to improve and streamline art pipelines, drive quality, and improve team efficiency
- 5 years' experience in rigging and skinning characters, creatures, vehicles, and props
- Expert-level proficiency with Autodesk Maya
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Mastery of Python scripting for extending content creation tools and automating tasks
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4
- Strong knowledge of facial rigging and deformation
- Possess an approachable, customer-oriented demeanor
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate with art, design, and engineering
- Experienced in ramping up a technical animation team in a variety of engines and toolsets
- Experience with performance capture systems within Motionbuilder
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- A deep passion for games
- Animation key-framing
- Knowledge of C++ or C#
- Experience writing Maya plug-ins
- FBX SDK
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.