Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin is comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Material Artist at Certain Affinity, you will work in small teams to create highly detailed characters, game environments, and world assets.
- Create physically based Materials/Textures for use with props, environments, and characters
- Assist in material library creation and maintaining material pipelines
- Collaborate with other artists to build and integrate assets into a visually consistent and highly immersive world
- Match established art styles while helping improve visual direction
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of materials using both procedural and 3d sculpted techniques
- Portfolio demonstrating tiled textures and 0-1 UV mapped assets. Assets must show strong attention to detail focusing on believability and overall esthetic composition
- Solid understanding of PBR standards and surface/light interactions
- Strong foundation knowledge in traditional arts
- Experience creating 3D art for a game project or title
- Able to use 3d and/or procedural techniques to create high-quality materials within production timelines
- Strong knowledge in UE4
- Strong knowledge of Substance Designer
- Strong knowledge of Maya and/or another 3D software package
- Strong knowledge of Zbrush modeling
- Solid understanding of color theory, and be able to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- Experience leading other artists
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as an environment artist
- Experience using proprietary editors, software and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or related field
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.