Would you like to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, Texas, has opened a location in Toronto, Canada and we’re looking for exceptionally talented people to join us. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
As a QA Programmer at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining automated and manual test suites for our Platform and Microservices technologies. You will work with members of the Platform Programming team in maintaining the quality of platform services through testing as well as ensuring teams are aware of potential problem areas through the use of KPI’s, reports, and dashboards.
- Identify testing needs and execute on opportunities
- Develop and drive the testing strategy for platform services while determining the balance between human testing and automated testing
- Create and maintain automated test frameworks
- Provide appropriately detailed reports to internal customers on the results of testing sweeps. Bonus points for automating this process!
- Review user stories and build in test plans and test cases
- Analyze test results to ensure correct functionality and interact with the team for the resolution of defects.
- Communicate daily progress, issues, risks and KPI’s
- Troubleshoot problems down to the root cause
- Set up and maintain test environments and test infrastructures
- Mentor game dev QA team members on building automation scripts
- Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Build and drive metrics and KPIs
- 2+ years of experience as a QA Programmer
- Adept at developing automated tests
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Skilled in usage of standard testing tools such as Postman, Jmeter, and Gatling
- Experience working with gRPC APIs
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills.
- Familiarity using source control systems, Git knowledge preferred
- Experience testing distributed and networked applications
- Experience in one or more programming languages, such as Golang, Python, C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment