Senior Metagame Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Could you be the Senior Metagame Engineer we are looking for? Do you dream in binary and want to work on high-profile projects with seasoned industry vets? Your code is efficient and adaptable, and so are you. That’s why Certain Affinity wants you to be one of our engineers who consider themselves a generalist. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s make some games together that people will be playing for years to come!
- Usher game features from conception to completion and client to server
- Manage your own time by communicating task estimates and progress with other engineers and disciplines
- Find efficient and creative solutions in an existing code base
- Understand and enhance supporting engine systems to support your features
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Proficient in C/C++
- Familiar with some core game systems, including scripting, UI, and data pipelines
- Experience working with network game logic
- Comfortable in a large established codebase
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- 1 or more shipped titles
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.