Senior Gameplay Programmer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, in 2019. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for working closely with designers to see game features from conception to implementation. You should be a capable programmer who can make things happen, someone with the desire and talent to help build the foundation of our blockbuster games!
- Work directly with artists and designers to create fun gameplay that feels good
- Review technical proposals and designs
- Usher gameplay features from conception to completion
- Manage your own time by communicating with other engineers and other disciplines
- Find efficient and creative solutions in an existing code base
- Understand and enhance related engine systems to support your features
- Be responsible for your feature’s network, memory, GPU, and CPU usage
- Mentor other programmers
- 7+ years of professional programming experience
- 5+ years of professional experience building games
- Highly proficient in C/C++
- Strong 3D vector and matrix math skills
- Familiar with core game systems such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Experience with network-replicated game logic
- Comfortable in large established codebases
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- One or more shipped titles
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.