IT Support Analyst
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As an IT Systems Support Analyst at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for performing desktop support and fulfilling helpdesk functions, including troubleshooting and resolving user requests. This role reports to the Director of Technical Operations and requires a self-motivated individual with the ambition to problem-solve, learn and create their own mechanisms for resolving issues, communicating effectively and working in a team environment.
- Provide first-tier support to end-users, escalates more complex problems when appropriate
- Respond to assigned help desk tickets, supports and troubleshoots technical requests
- Install, configure, upgrade, support and troubleshoot workstation and network hardware and software
- Install operating systems and application software
- Capture and deploy workstation images that include operating systems and other development tools and software
- Recommend, schedule and perform PC hardware upgrades when required
- Route unresolved issues to appropriate team members for further investigation and resolution
- Support development and implementation of new projects and installations
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all company hardware and software
- Empower end-users by training and educating them when repairing their workstation
- Handle other tasks as assigned, such as new user account setup
- Assist with Office moves
- Possess a 2-year degree in Computer Science or have equivalent work-related experience.
- 3-5 years of directly related help desk experience
- Experience supporting Windows, Mac and or Linux systems – software and hardware
- Fundamental understanding of networking principles and operation
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to respond to user requests, record changes and work history details
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within a dynamic environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be prepared for occasional work hours at night and on weekends
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Game industry experience
- A+ certification
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.