Would you like to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, Texas, is opening a location in Toronto, Canada and we’re looking for exceptionally talented people to join us. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
As a Lead Producer, you’ll help build our Toronto Studio to work as an extension of Certain Affinity in terms of delivering fun and engaging online content. We need someone who is a diplomatic communicator, collaborative, results-oriented and wants to build an amazing studio culture worthy of the best talent in the industry.
If you have project management and scheduling game development experience, are eager to help build an extension of our studio from scratch, are excited to have an impact, motivated to support the needs of both development teams and external partners, and are open new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Overall ownership of key components of AAA PC/Console online games
- Help build a strong company culture focused on hitting major goals while having fun and maintaining a healthy work/life balance
- Responsible for helping deliver high-quality games on time and within budget
- Collaborate with department leads to build a high-functioning team
- Cultivate and manage the relationship with Certain Affinity Austin to help ensure a strong cross-studio environment
- Motivate and maintain creativity and cohesion within the studio
- Work with department leads to maintain long term project plan
- Create and foster daily team practices and process to make sure long-term plan is on track
- Facilitate team communication, ensure timely dissemination of information to team and company overall
- Communicate project development status to senior management and business team
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance department for product testing cycles, including usability testing
- At least five years of project management experience in game development
- Shipped one or more AAA console titles in a Producer or Senior Producer role
- Experience building high functioning, quality-driven teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, and scheduling skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask across disciplines, assess risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Deep knowledge of game development – team dynamics, common development hurdles, game engines, development milestones, tools, and technology,
- Strong working knowledge of Jira and MS Office
- Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Works well within an open, highly collaborative environment
- Able to travel internationally
- Experience with online multiplayer games and/or FPS titles
- Familiarity with Agile and other traditional project management methodologies
- Hands-on development experience in any development area – art, design, programming, QA, etc.