Would you like to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, Texas, is opening a location in Toronto, Canada and we’re looking for exceptionally talented people to join us. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
Certain Affinity is looking for dedicated and passionate Gameplay Engineers to join our engineering team. You will work with some of the best programmers, artists, and designers in the industry to create fun gameplay in some of gaming’s greatest franchises.
- Work directly with artists and designers to create fun gameplay that feels good.
- Find efficient and creative solutions in an existing code base
- Be responsible for your feature’s network, memory, GPU and CPU footprint
- 1-3 years of professional programming experience
- Proficient in C/C++
- Solid 3D math skills
- Familiarity with the core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Experience with network replicated game logic
- Ability to travel internationally
- 1 or more shipped titles
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Experience in C# and Python
- Passion for multiplayer action games