Senior Graphics Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Senior Graphics Engineer at Certain Affinity, you will be working closely with artists to develop technology that brings their artistic vision to life in-game at blistering speeds.
- Design, research, and implement rendering techniques and feature sets
- Improve artists’ speed and productivity through improvements to the art pipeline
- Analyze, refactor and improve existing graphics/engine technology and tools
- Deliver analysis and optimization solutions for performance bottlenecks
- 5 or more years experience developing 3D action games
- 1 or more AAA titles shipped
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Strong 3D vector and matrix math skills
- Experience with Direct3D/OpenGL
- Experience with graphics profilers and debuggers
- Expert knowledge of real-time rendering techniques related to lighting and visual effects
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable in a large established codebase
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Console experience
- Development experience on XboxOne or PS4
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Experience in C# and Python
- Desire to train and mentor other programmers
- Passion for multiplayer action game
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.