Senior QA Analyst
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Senior QA Analyst at Certain Affinity, you will operate embedded on a development team, collaborating with members on delivering quality experiences for our players. You will define and own the test strategy, plan, scope, and test cases for your assigned area of ownership. By taking a data-driven approach you will provide updates and reports on the health of your area of ownership, using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Identification of test requirements, establish and evolve formal QA processes
- Develop and implement test strategies, scope, plans, and cases for assigned area
- Track and report upon testing activities, including test results, test case coverage, defects discovered and their status, performance baseline, etc
- Assist in process improvement initiatives
- Ensure the content and structure of all testing activities are documented and maintained.
- Apply risk-based testing methodologies as required
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for the area of responsibility
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing design feedback prior to integration from a technical and end-user perspective
- Become the subject matter expert for systems assigned and communicate progress, status and risk assessments
- Conduct root cause analysis for complex systems
- Mentor junior members of the team and assist in their career growth
- 3+ years of QA experience in the games industry
- 2+ years of experience in Development QA in the games industry
- 2 or more shipped AAA titles
- Ability to work independently and meet responsibilities
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification, and Risk-Based Testing
- Expert-level knowledge of the video games industry, platforms, and genres
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- A deep passion for games
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.