Senior Operations Programmer
Would you like to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, Texas, has opened a location in Toronto, Canada, and we’re looking for exceptionally talented people to join us. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
As a Senior Operations Programmer at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining backend operations and platform code. You will work with members of the Platform Programming team, creating state of the art software to handle millions of players in a fun and seamless game experience.
- Maintain and optimize existing operational systems consumed by both internal and external customers (developer tooling, CI/CD, cloud infrastructure).
- Identify tools and approaches that will reduce complexity.
- Build infrastructure and eliminate work through automation.
- Promote observability through dashboards; capture systemic problems with monitors.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose cross-cutting problems that span components.
- Educate team members, partners, and stakeholders on operational dependencies and requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in the fields of Computer Science or Software Programming
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Programming experience in one or more major programming languages (e.g., Go, Python, C/C++, Java)
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Experience working in the Kubernetes ecosystem
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Comfortable working with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience with cloud computing systems (AWS, google cloud, etc.)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Comfortable synthesizing technical and non-technical objectives
- A systematic and detail-oriented problem-solving approach
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving hard problems
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Dedicated to producing high-quality code
- Working experience with a CI/CD system (e.g., GitLab, Travis CI, Circle CI, Jenkins)
- Understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Contributor to open-source projects
- An active member of one or more technical communities
- Programming experience in one or more “weird” programming languages