Senior Technical Artist – Pipeline
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products. In addition we are creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Senior Technical Artist at Certain Affinity, you’ll get the chance to see some of the custom 3D tools and pipelines behind the world’s biggest shooters, and contribute to our own proprietary technology. This role reports to the Technical Art Lead, and requires an energetic individual to take a hands-on approach to our pipeline management and tools creation for our studio art team.
If you’ve done some compelling tools and technical work, are eager to make an impact, able to wear multiple hats, and are open new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Develop custom workflows using scripts and coded tools solutions for art team
- Maintain integrity of art pipelines by identifying inefficiencies and recommending and implementing improvements
- Troubleshoot key pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with development team
- Support the technical art needs of our client-facing project requirements and partner expectations
- Facilitate technical art communication across disciplines by providing clear and constructive feedback and guidance
- Collaborate with a diverse team to promote innovation and refine the visual quality of our games
- 5+ years game industry experience, 3+ specifically in a technical artist role
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as a Technical Artist
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, MEL, C# or C++
- Expert-level familiarity with Autodesk Maya
- Experience working in multiple 3D game engines
- Experience working on wide range of tech art projects, in terms of art tools, graphics engines and game hardware
- Expert-level familiarity with developing tools for environment art creation and workflow
- Experience developing pipelines including Substance Designer, Substance Painter, or Houdini
- Able to present (internally and externally) clear vision of how work addresses problems and requirements
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Broad interest in real-time rendering technologies and art asset creation tools
- Able to script in multiple languages (Python/Pymel, Perl, Lua, MELScript)
- Experience in managing real-time rendering, run-time analytics, optimization, shaders and materials
- Able to advise on, research and explore a variety of graphics systems and middleware packages
- Able to envision creative ways to leverage ideas and technologies, and integrate big picture through multiple mediums
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art or related field
Relocation to Austin, TX is a consideration for this position.