Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin is comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a QA Lead at Certain Affinity, you will hire, train, and supervise a team of testers tasked with testing our games, tools, and build systems with the goal of maintaining product stability. This role involves working extensively with team and studio leadership as well as external partners to ensure CA games maintain a high-quality bar throughout development and release.
- Work closely with project leadership to assess development plans and identify test coverage requirements.
- Manage project database, workflow, boards, plug-ins, bug entry and regression
- Lead functional testing by clearly defining required test plans and test criteria
- Lead qualitative efforts to ensure games in development are meeting quality standards
- Create and supervise QA assignments and provide status reports to project leadership
- Coach and mentor QA staff, so each member has a basic understanding of test fundamentals/automation/scripting/coding
- Coordinate and maintain communication with external partners
- Anticipate and communicate risks areas throughout the project’s life cycle
- Create test standards for development tools, integrations, and code changes
- Create and maintain QA tools such as build deployment, performance/memory profiling, gameplay metrics, smoke tests, and other automated test scripts
- Assist project leads with development tasks ranging from design documentation, tech/tool roll out, and basic content/code changes
- More than five years of quality assurance experience with proven leadership capabilities
- From start to finish, worked on two or more shipped AAA games on console platforms. (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Proven ability to automate QA tasks. The focal point on improving QA efficiency and effectiveness
- Proficient with source control and Jira bug tracking software
- Solid people and time management skills with emphasis on prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to assess situations for their impact on the project as a whole
- Waterfall and Agile development experience
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and finding across disciplines and multiple levels of management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working directly with engineering teams
- Basic knowledge with SQL databases
- Scripting and coding experience with one or more languages (C#, Perl, Python, or others)
- Experience with VR / AR development
- Experience with build systems such as Jenkins, Team City, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Radiant, Unreal, Unity, Max or Maya
- Experience with telemetry and gameplay metrics
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.