Senior Metagame Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
You could be the Engineer we are looking for; do you dream in binary and want to work on high-profile projects with seasoned industry vets? Your code is efficient and adaptable, and so are you. That’s why Certain Affinity wants you to be one of our engineers who considers themselves a generalist. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s make some games together that people will be playing for years to come!
- Usher game features from conception to completion and client to server
- Manage your own time by communicating task estimates and progress with other engineers and disciplines
- Find efficient and creative solutions in an existing code base
- Understand and enhance supporting engine systems to support your features
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Proficient in C/C++
- Familiar with some core game systems, including scripting, UI, and data pipelines
- Experience working with network game logic
- Comfortable in a
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- 1 or more shipped titles
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.